Wednesday, November 9, 2011

One Good Panty Story Deserves Another…


This is not to say my panty story is better than your panty story (I'm referring to Zep's last panty post). I was just reminded of a true story that happened to me some years back that involved a wayward pair of very young girl's underwear. The young girl, in this case, happens to be my daughter. She must've been about eight years old at the time. Anyway, she's in her second year at college now, I know she follows this blog and I'm quite certain this will be the first time that she is made aware of this embarrassing (to me) story.

I work for a research company in Chicago. This is one of those great companies that offer many nice benefits for their employees, including catered lunches, free soft drinks, happy hours, 401k and lots of other perks. One of those perks was a paid health club membership. I took advantage of this and probably used the club 2-3 times a week. I didn't' keep a locker at the club, so I typically took my gym bag home at the end of the week, put my work-out clothes in the laundry and on Sunday evening, I would pack my bag with fresh-washed shirts, shorts and socks.

Well, as washed and heat-dried clothes are wont to do; they often stick together due to what's commonly referred to as "static cling". Static cling is what caused a pair of my young daughter's panties to attach themselves to my gym clothes. So you can imagine my embarrassment as I was changing in the locker room and a pair of little girl's underwear falls out of my bag and onto the floor.

This happened in front of at least two witnesses. So what's the best way to react? I was, of course, caught off guard myself, but it only took me a few seconds to piece it all together. I could literally feel the judgmental sideways glances that were boring through me. I quickly scooped the garment, stuffed it into my bag, I thought I could easily explain…I realized at that moment, there was nothing I could've said that would've made this situation any better. There are times when it's best to keep silent and just let people think what they're going to think. This was one of those rare occasions.

1 comment: