Saturday, October 29, 2011

Does this ever happen to you?

It's a lazy fall Saturday and my ideal thing to do is hang out in the bedroom, with my laptop, while also watching bad tv (reality, scary shows from the 80s, you know the types of shows) and eat diced up potatoes.  Yep, potatoes. I put lots of sumptuous ingredients in there which is a nice way of saying I clean out the fridge and whatever is about to turn to into another form goes into the pan.  I usually throw in some hot peppers and cover the entire thing in cheese.  A very guilty pleasure.  Luckily this morning I did just that.  I dived into this delicious mess o' starch and savored the melded flavors from god knows what and came upon something of unknown origin.  Couldn't figure out what was in my mouth currently being masticated.....this thought struck me...how many times have I done the same thing?  Happily munching away only to start gnawing on something I can't identify and think probably shouldn't be in the thing I'm eating....but I keep eating because it might be more horrifying to take it out of my mouth and identify it.  Is that just me?

2 comments:

  1. I agree, it's best to swallow quickly and move along through your meal. That is providing it's not a hair. Hair in food is easily identified. It must be quickly extracted and there is no moving forward for me...my appetite is ruined.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed! Ugh, its like getting your hair cut, it seems like all day you have little pieces of hair ending up in everything you try and eat. Ick.

    ReplyDelete