Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Freud would have a field day...

The censors have deleted the picture...naw, not really, I just felt it would be in really bad taste to have any of the pictures I found accompany this post!

This morning I am left wondering why some days I have perfectly normal thoughts and see things for what they are and other days my mind goes straight to smut, or more accurately, why on  I'm stealing the mind of some 12 year old boy. Let me explain......occasionally I have to drive into work. Drive might be a bit inaccurate as the word "drive" implies forward movement.  Not a lot of forward movement on the 90 in the morning heading into Chicago.  This lack of movement gives one the opportunity to let their mind wander....and wander mine did. Indeed.  It wandered into the land of "huh, that sure looks phallic".  Once you go down this path, you will find that this world is made of objects that are in phallic shape.  Is this due to having a male dominated society? Did one land baron put up a smoke stack in this shape and the next one had a bigger girthier one to prove their manliness?  In our products and signage, is the idea to attract women by formatting common things in this shape? (it calls to mind a few female deodorants whose shapes would make a sex shop clerk blush)  I won't point out all the different objects, buildings, signs, trees that I felt were in phallic shape during my ride as I don't want you to suggest intensive therapy to me.  I will point out that if you have some extra time, say while on the 90 in Chicago, and are approaching Jefferson Park, keep your eyes peeled and be prepared to giggle. (Like I said...12 year old boy)

No comments:

Post a Comment