Wednesday, October 19, 2011

No money in Toes        

As far as maladies go, I really have nothing to complain about…however I will not let that little fact stop me.  I am in a complete state of awe this morning…awe at how much a toe can hurt.  I was concocting (and I use the word concoct because it is tremendously fun to say) a rather large yarn as to how I hurt my toe.  It had sword fights, villains, romance, a sea monster and a large rhinoceros…..but my laptop hiccupped and I am too lazy to reinvent the invented.

So here is the truth.  It is my habit to do some sort of meditation before bedtime to remind myself how lucky I am and how grateful I should be for all that I have.  I usually do this as a guided meditation, either from a website, or one of the many things I have downloaded.  A great deal of the time I doze off during these mediation to wake up in a foggy hazy pleasant “just need to turn off my laptop and the sleep nymphs will carry me away!” state.  Last night was no exception.  Oh….here is a big point….I am a clod. I’m sure if you have read any of this blog site you will have already come to that conclusion.  This is important to remember going forward.  Back to last night…I dozed off, as per usual, and when I came to in my foggy hazy pleasant lalalalalala, I was a bit more careless than usual.  I put my foot out of bed and as I was moving my laptop off my bed and onto the bedside table, it got caught up in the cord, and the cord somehow wrapped itself around the water on the table and I saw my iphone there and I freaked out and made a grab for the phone and water at the same time while DROPPING MY LAPTOP….luckily my toe cushioned the fall……..I then spent the next 15 minutes writhing in pain on the floor (that rolling around thing you do when you hurt yourself? The one when you keep saying “ouch” or “ohmygodthathurts” or some variation a bit saltier?).  When the pain subsided to a 7 instead of a 10 I laid in bed and the thought “There is no money in toes” came into my head.  Years ago, a friend of mine briefly dated a guy who worked in the workman’s comp arena.  He told me “If you have an injury, make sure it is an arm or a leg, not a toe….there is no money in toes”.

Good to note….

No comments:

Post a Comment